FREE Food Allergy Workshop for Parents, Teachers & Caretakers
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Bright Horizons at Enterprise Corporate Towers
3 Corporate Drive Shelton, CT
This workshop, presented by the Food Allergy Education Network and Bright Horizons Early Education & Preschool, is designed to provide parents, teachers and caretakers with the tools they need to safely care for children with food allergies. You will learn:
* the facts about food allergies
* how to avoid accidental and non-accidental exposures to allergens
* how to prevent cross-contamination
* how to recognize the symptoms of an allergic reaction
* when to use epinephrine
* how to treat anaphylaxis (epinephrine)
The workshop will be lead by food allergy educators, Gina M Lee, M.Ed., and Erin Spaulding, MS, CCLS. Gina is the Founder and President of Food Allergy Education Network, a non-profit dedicated to providing education and resources to families and the community regarding this growing public health concern. Erin is the Parent and Youth Group Coordinator and Vice President of FAEN.
NO RSVP Necessary.